Southeast Asia is one of my favorite parts of the world, not just for the scenery and exoticism, but for the food!
And fortunately, many Southeast Asian foods work extremely well for keto dieters.
I’m a great fan of flavorful Thai food, although I like it best if I tone down the hotness!
This is a great keto version of delicious Tom Saap Pork Ribs Soup. Real Tom Saap Pork Ribs Soup is pretty darn spicy, but with this recipe, the chilis are optional, so you can make it as spicy or mild as you like.
And just in case you can’t find authentic Thai ingredients in your neck of the woods, this recipe provides easy options that you can find at a regular grocery store. They’re still tasty!
Enjoy this easy keto version of a popular Thai comfort food!
Keto Thai Pork Ribs Soup Recipe [Tom Saap]
- 1 lb pork spare ribs small, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 small shallots chopped (or use one large yellow onion)
- 3 or 4 small lemongrass stalks chopped
- 10 thick slices galangal (or ginger)
- 8 cups water
- 10 kaffir lime leaves, torn or use cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- chilis, green onions optional garnish
- Place spare ribs in a large pot of water and boil for 10 minutes. Pour out the liquid with the froth.
- Pour approx. 8 cups of new water into the pot with the ribs, and add the shallots, lemongrass, galangal, and salt.
- Simmer on low heat with the lid on (so you don’t lose all the great soup) for 1 hour.
- Check for when ribs are tender, then add the kaffir lime leaves, (chilis if you want it spicy), fish sauce, the lime juice, and salt to taste.
Original Creator: Paleo Flourish