Keto Sausage Egg Bake
Easy enough for a weekday breakfast and tasty and elegant enough for weekend brunch! Keto Sausage Egg Bake combines sausage, eggs, your favorite flavorful vegetables PLUS basil and even pork rinds. (Almonds optional.)Breakfast any day of the week just got more exciting!
- Olive oil to cook with
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 lb sausage casing removed
- 12 oz spinach
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 1 bag pork rinds lightly crushed (optional)
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add onions, bell pepper, and sausage, and cook until the onions are translucent and sausage is cooked through.
- Add spinach and chopped basil and cook 1 or 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sausage mixture to a 9 by 9 baking tray.
- Make 6 indentations in the mixture and crack an egg into each.
- Bake uncovered until egg whites are firm but the yolk is still runny. (Around 15 minutes.)
- Sprinkle with crushed pork rinds, sliced almonds, and salt and pepper before serving.