When you are craving low-carb, gluten-free and Keto friendly Comfort food, you MUST try this simple and YUMMY Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake.
This layered baked casserole combines flattened chicken breasts with a rich low-carb pizza sauce topping. Top it all off with creamy mozzarella cheese and zesty pepperoni rounds.
Few ingredients and TONS of flavor!
Keto Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake
- 1 14 oz jar low carb or keto-friendly pizza sauce
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese (not fresh made) sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 oz sliced pepperoni regular or turkey
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Pour the pizza sauce in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until it’s reduced to one cup, about 20 minutes.
- While the sauce reduces, cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make two same size pieces. Place the chicken in a heavy plastic bag and use a meat mallet (or pan) to pound the chicken until it’s as thin as you can get it without it breaking apart.
- Mix the Greek oregano and garlic powder in a small bowl and sprinkle both sides of each chicken piece with mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the chicken pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, just long enough to brown the chicken but not long enough to cook it through. You may have to do 2 batches to get this part done.
- Place the browned chicken in a single layer in a casserole dish.
- Spread the sauce over the top of each chicken breast. Layer each piece with sliced Mozzarella and pepperoni slices.
- Bake uncovered about 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown and the pepperoni is slightly crisped. Serve immediately.
Creator: Culinary Envy