Try these Italian meatballs, Italian-style!
Yes, these are Keto friendly, easy and delicious. They may become your favorite, too.
The recipe calls for 2 lbs of ground beef (or 1 1/2 if you like), two eggs, 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of almond flower, fresh parsley (or dried oregano or basil), garlic powder, onion powder, and half cup of water.
Oh, and a little pink salt and pepper.
Now, you’re gonna have to get your hands in there and get a little messy. But that’s part of the fun. Just dig in and mix it up.
(Warning: it smells REALLY good with all the seasons, spices and chcese!)
Then you just make inch and a half to two-inch meatballs. It could hardly be simpler.
Stick them in a pan and bake them in two parts at 350 degrees.
First you just bake to get the meat cooked through, which takes about 20 minutes.
After that you top them with the marinara sauce. (Rao’s is good.)
Then add some mozzarella cheese and top with a little bit of the basil, oregano, or parsley.
Stick them in the oven at 350 for 20 more minutes, and there you are — delicious meatballs!
Serve on top of riced cauliflower with a little extra marinara sauce.
As we say in Italy, Buon Appetito!
Keto Meatballs, Italian Style!
- 2 lbs ground beef (or 1 1/2 will do)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- Italian seasoning (parsley, oregano, or basil -- roughly 2 teaspoons)
- garlic powder see video below
- onion powder see video below
- 1/2 cup water
- pink salt a dash
- pepper a dash
- marinara sauce Rao's is good!
- mozzarella to top the meatballs (around 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except the marinara sauce and mozzarella with your hands.
- Form 1 1/2 or 2-inch meatballs.
- Stick them in a pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with marinara sauce and mozzarella (and maybe a little more Italian seasoning.)
- Bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve on top of riced cauliflower, maybe with a little more marinara sauce.
Original Creator: The Keto Dad