Have you experienced Keto Chaffles yet? If not, you’re in for a treat!
Chaffles are like waffles except that the batter is made of egg and cheese, which makes them keto.
Honestly, I think I like them better than the real thing!
You can use chaffles instead of bread for sandwiches, or instead of buns for burgers. You can use them instead of regular waffles for breakfast, and they are perfect as the basis for a delicious dessert. (Hint: top with whipped cream and berries.)
While a classic chaffle recipe uses mozzarella cheese, I have found that exchanging that for cheddar works very well for burger buns. And if you like a consistency that’s a little more “bready,” try adding 1 teaspoon of almond flour and half a teaspoon of baking powder to your batter.
Have fun with your chaffles. You’ll be able to use them in endless ways!
Keto Chaffle Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup finely grated mozzarella
- Plug in your mini waffle iron and heat according to directions.
- Break the egg in a bowl.
- Mix in the cheese.
- Spray the heated waffle iron surfaces with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of your egg mixture into the waffle iron, shut, and heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove cooked waffle to a heated plate and pour the remaining egg and cheese mixture into the waffle iron, close the lid and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use as waffles, as the "bread" for sandwiches, the "bun" for burgers, or the base for a delicious dessert!