Bone marrow adds luxurious richness to ordinary Scrambled Eggs and has wonderful health benefits for the family.
Add it to your eggs for one of the few natural sources of Vitamin K, which helps build bones, fight disease and seems to act as an anti-inflammatory agent.
Plus, it’s simply delicious!
Keto Bone Marrow Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 2 2 inch (or 1 4-inch) cross-cut beef or veal marrow bones (preferably grass-fed), split lengthwise)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt divided
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tsp fresh herbs such as thyme (for garnish -- optional)
- truffle oil for garnish (optional, but really good!)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Rinse the bones in cold water then pat dry with clean paper towels. Generously season them with salt and pepper and place them cut side up in a foil lined roasting pan (for easy cleanup!)
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the marrow in the center begins to puff up and bubbling nicely. Remove from oven and add some of the roasting liquid to a small skillet.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Scoop the marrow out of the bone into a bowl, then add the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and slowly scramble until they are set.
- Garnish with herbs and a drizzle of white truffle oil, as we did, and serve immediately.
- If there is extra marrow, store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Creator: Sheri Wetherell (originally adapted from The 30-Day Ketogenic Cleanse by Maria Emmerich)