These delicious Keto Lemon Zest Cookies made with almond flour are sure to be a hit with family, friends, and co-workers alike.
They’re good enough to serve to company when you’re having guests.
And oh my goodness are they tasty with a cup of tea!
You can make these with almond flour or almond meal. What’s the difference? Well, there is no “official” difference, and a lot of times they are used interchangeably. Technically speaking, however, most products labeled “almond flour” are blanched, whereas products labeled as “almond meal” can be blanched or unblanced.
Also, almond flour tends to be finer, with a uniform consistency, while almond meal may be coarser.
Try them both and see which you prefer. You might not even be able to tell the difference!
Keto Almond Meal Cookies with Lemon Zest
- 1 cup almond meal (120 g)
- 1 small egg whisked
- 3 tbsp ghee melted (45 ml)
- Stevia (or erythritol) to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract (2 ml)
- pinch baking soda (1 g_
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl to form a dough.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Using a stencil or cookie cutter, or just your hands, form the dough into 8 small round cookies.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cookies are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. They’ll crisp up after cooling.
Original Creator: Keto Summit