This is an easy and delicious way to appease your craving for something Italian.
Easy Spaghetti Recipe with Tomato Sauce does away with the carbs with the novel and tasty idea of using luscious strands of scraped cucumber as the “pasta.”
Of course, you could also use spiralized zucchini or even shirataki noodles.
Whatever you choose, it will be delicious with this red sauce.
Easy Spaghetti Recipe with Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 small chopped onion
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 chopped zucchini
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped basil (to be used as garnish)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 large cucumber peeled
- Saute the chopped onion in olive oil in a saucepan til translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, bell pepper, and zucchini to the onions and cook until zucchini and bell pepper have softened.
- Meantime, peel the cucumber, then use a vegetable peeler to make "spaghetti" strands. Divide the strands into 2 large bowls.
- Add minced garlic, basil, and salt and pepper to the tomato sauce, then pour over each bowl of cucumber strands. (Or you could also use shirataki noodles instead.)Buon Appetito!
Creator: Paleo Flourish